Hot Sheet: Forget the Evil Queen, What About the Prince?
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 30 2014 3:48 PM ET
5. THEATER: Pride Performance Series
Chicago’s About Face Theatre marks Pride Month with this series, which kicks off Monday with Michael Urie (Ugly Betty, Partners) and his real-life partner, Ryan Spahn, starring in Jonathan Tolins’s The Last Sunday in June, about a gay couple contemplating the future of their relationship as the Pride parade passes by. Other entries in the series: Lesbians & Literature, June 10, a panel discussion of the topic along with performances; Abraham Lincoln Was a F*gg*t by Bixby Elliott, June 13, involving time travel, road trips, young love, and a crazed First Lady as a teenager seeks evidence that Lincoln was gay; and Methtacular! June 17, written and performed by Steven Strafford, about his years as a meth addict on the streets of Chicago. Performances are at various venues in the Windy City; get details and order tickets here. – Trudy Ring
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People