Hot Sheet: Top Gun Gay
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 06 2014 7:38 PM ET
8. BOOK: The New Art of Capturing Love: The Essential Guide to Lesbian & Gay Wedding Photography by Kathryn Hamm and Thea Dodds
The guide shatters the old standards of wedding and engagement photography, and replaces it with aesthetic portrait ideas that can work for any couple and their wedding — especially for same-sex couples, for whom some of the old tropes of wedding photography just don’t seem right. Hamm, the president of GayWeddings.com, and Dodds, an award-winning wedding photographer and founder of Authentic Eye Photography, say this guide is the first of its kind. Between the covers, there are stunning photographs (more than 180!) to inspire same-sex couples in the midst of planning their engagements and weddings as well as help wedding photographers who want to do these couples justice on their wedding days. – Lynn De La Cruz
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- Myth or Truth: Can We Give Up Condoms?