Hot Sheet: Top Gun Gay
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 06 2014 7:38 PM ET
3. FILM: The Case Against 8
This documentary on the successful battle to strike down California's anti–marriage equality law deservedly won awards at the Sundance and South by Southwest festivals. Directed to near-perfection by Ben Cotner and Ryan White, the film chronicles not only the dynamic choice of attorneys to fight Prop. 8 (the lawyers representing opposite sides of Bush v. Gore), but the real people behind the "plaintiffs." You'll feel enormous respect and a debt of gratitude for what Kris Perry, Sandy Stier, Paul Katami, and Jeff Zarrillo sacrificed to bring marriage equality back to the nation's largest and most influential state. Out now in theaters in Los Angeles and New York, with more cities to follow. – Neal Broverman
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- In Protesting Irish Marriage Victory, Westboro Gets the Flag Wrong
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy