The Top 15 Gay(ish) Blogs
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 07 2009 11:00 PM ET
The gays are everywhere. Want proof? Head to the Web. Gay and gay-inclusive blogs are popping up everywhere, and with a Democrat in the White House and marriage sweeping New England, expect the World Wide Web to keep leaning liberal.
But what are the must-read gay(ish) blogs? The Advocate counts them down for you, in no particular order.
AmericaBlog.com: AmericaBlog serves up liberal news and opinion about U.S. politics, because, as the masthead declares, "a great nation deserves the truth." The blog was created in 2004 by attorney and staunch LGBT activist John Aravosis, who once led a boycott of Dr. Laura after she called homosexuality a "biological error."
Gawker.com: Did Gawker invent snark or merely perfect it? Covering a swath from D.C. to NYC to Hollywood, this blog gathers celebrity blind items ("Which Secretly-Gay Summer Movie Star Has Size Issues?") and turns its jaundiced eye firmly on talk TV ("Martha Stewart Foists Grotesque Cupcakes on Beleaguered Nation"), politics ("Finally, Someone Brave Enough to Call Sonia Sotomayor 'J-Lo'"), and regular news about homos ("Is Bruno Good for the Gays?"). Add in the meanest/cleverest commenters online, and it's a living version of the old saw -- "If you don't have something nice to say, come sit by me."
DListed.com: Whether he's calling Cynthia Nixon's other half Rojo Caliente or stirring up trouble between Demi Moore and Marie Osmond, few people "report" pop culture like DListed's Michael K. With a love of all thinks lesbian, Salma Hayek, or just plain filthy, DListed's deliciously smart yet altogether inappropriate approach brings a much-needed gay bent to Hollywood gossip.
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: What's the Next Hot Destination? 17 min 55 sec ago
- Internet WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas? 47 min 52 sec ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Glenn Beck Has Gay Friends, So He's Not Intolerant 53 min 1 sec ago
- Women Op-ed: Remembering Mandela 1 hour 33 min ago
- Marriage Equality Illinois Family Institute Compares Marriage Equality to Junk Food 2 hours 16 min ago
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts UPDATED: 2 hours 17 min ago
- People Lady Gaga Urges Boycott of Sochi Olympics 2 hours 38 min ago