The Top 15 Gay(ish) Blogs
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 07 2009 11:00 PM ET
The gays are everywhere. Want proof? Head to the Web. Gay and gay-inclusive blogs are popping up everywhere, and with a Democrat in the White House and marriage sweeping New England, expect the World Wide Web to keep leaning liberal.
But what are the must-read gay(ish) blogs? The Advocate counts them down for you, in no particular order.
AmericaBlog.com: AmericaBlog serves up liberal news and opinion about U.S. politics, because, as the masthead declares, "a great nation deserves the truth." The blog was created in 2004 by attorney and staunch LGBT activist John Aravosis, who once led a boycott of Dr. Laura after she called homosexuality a "biological error."
Gawker.com: Did Gawker invent snark or merely perfect it? Covering a swath from D.C. to NYC to Hollywood, this blog gathers celebrity blind items ("Which Secretly-Gay Summer Movie Star Has Size Issues?") and turns its jaundiced eye firmly on talk TV ("Martha Stewart Foists Grotesque Cupcakes on Beleaguered Nation"), politics ("Finally, Someone Brave Enough to Call Sonia Sotomayor 'J-Lo'"), and regular news about homos ("Is Bruno Good for the Gays?"). Add in the meanest/cleverest commenters online, and it's a living version of the old saw -- "If you don't have something nice to say, come sit by me."
DListed.com: Whether he's calling Cynthia Nixon's other half Rojo Caliente or stirring up trouble between Demi Moore and Marie Osmond, few people "report" pop culture like DListed's Michael K. With a love of all thinks lesbian, Salma Hayek, or just plain filthy, DListed's deliciously smart yet altogether inappropriate approach brings a much-needed gay bent to Hollywood gossip.
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM