The Top 15 Gay(ish) Blogs
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 08 2009 12:00 AM ET
PerezHilton.com: Perez Hilton has come a long way since the days when he used to draw obscenities on people's pictures and post them online. OK, so he still does that (at least once a week with people like Megan Fox and Kirstie Alley). But Hilton has also evolved. In the wake of his much-publicized row with Miss California over gay marriage, Hilton has emerged as a gay rights advocate for the masses: Speaking eloquently on Larry King Live, using his blog to bring attention to human rights causes, and, through his connections to the teen celeb set, getting girls like Miley Cyrus and Heidi Montag to voice their support for marriage equality.
Slog.TheStranger.com: Reading The Slog, a blog housed by indie weekly newspaper The Stranger, will make anyone want to live in Seattle. Add the fact that it has a diverse team of writers and is infused with humorist, advice columnist, and news blogger Dan Savage's wit, and you have a good morning read.
PamsHouseBlend.com: Pam Spaulding's blog isn't flashy, but it doesn't need to be: It's smart. In the rush to update their content, most sites don't find time to analyze. Not Pam -- her news-centered content delves into issues of race, religion, and politics and their affect on gay and transgender people. Spaulding launched Pam's House Blend during the 2004 presidential campaign as a place for people to discuss issues intelligently; hence the coffeehouse-related name.
- Op-ed: In Defense of Looking
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families
- HIV & AIDS Why Are a Higher Percentage of Native Americans Dying from AIDS Complications Than Any Other Group? 1 hour 22 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Lorde Is Not Having Your Stupid Lesbian Joke 1 hour 47 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: In Defense of Looking 7:00 AM
- Current Issue Truly Social Networking 6:01 AM
- Seat Filler 5 Must-See Shows: What's Gay Off-Broadway 5:00 AM
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen March 11 2014 8:40 PM
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival March 11 2014 7:17 PM