Top Political Blogs
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 30 2009 12:00 AM ET
Citizen Crain : A former editor with Windows Media ( Genre, Washington Blade, etcâ€¦), Chris Crain left the fold in 2006 and has been blogging ever since. Though there is the occasional weeklong time lag between posts, longtime editorial writer Crain attracts readers with opinionated pieces on topics from philandering politicians to immigration to the war in Iraq. Technorati rank: 38,865
The Daily Beast : The cheater's guide to news, The Daily Beast does some original reporting but earns its keep in the Web news world by aggregating and commenting on "must reads from all over." The site was launched less than a year ago by former Vanity Fair editor Tina Brown. Why should you fish the Beast out of a sea of HuffPo/Slate/Drudge-type blogs? "Sensibility, darling," says Brown. Technorati rank: 21
Drudge Retort : If you're seeking a counterbalance to Matt Drudge's conservative online paradise, try its cyber-doppelgänger. Drudge Retort surveys the best in right-wing amusement -- from a church performing a gay teen's exorcism to Sarah Palin's latest grievances with bloggers, the mainstream media... and David Letterman. Technorati rank: 17,442
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana