BY Advocate.com Editors
August 27 2009 10:55 PM ET
Sure, anyone can put just about anything on YouTube (or YouPorn, for you wilder readers), but the best videos are the ones that get so much attention that even your grandmother e-mails a link to you. Some virals -- videos that have spread like wildfire -- gain notoriety for putting politicians on the spot on big issues. Some of them are just outrageously hilarious. In either case, you've probably posted a few of these to your Facebook profile or e-mailed the links to everyone you know with the subject line "OMFG THIS IS HILARIOUS LMAO!"
So, just in case you're planning to film your own gay or gay-adjacent viral video, here are a few we've pieced together for inspiration.
Miss California USA Responds to Gay Marriage Question From Perez Hilton
NOM: The Gathering Storm
Ellen DeGeneres vs. John McCain: Gay Marriage
- Op-ed: Male Gays and the Male Gaze
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- Op-ed: Madonna, My Father, and a Life Outside a Tiny Island
- A Best-Case, Worst-Case Look at the Supreme Court's Options
- Pope Francis Holds Private Meeting With Transgender Man and Fiancée
- Everything You Need to Know Now About Marriage Equality in Michigan