BY Advocate.com Editors
August 27 2009 11:55 PM ET
Sure, anyone can put just about anything on YouTube (or YouPorn, for you wilder readers), but the best videos are the ones that get so much attention that even your grandmother e-mails a link to you. Some virals -- videos that have spread like wildfire -- gain notoriety for putting politicians on the spot on big issues. Some of them are just outrageously hilarious. In either case, you've probably posted a few of these to your Facebook profile or e-mailed the links to everyone you know with the subject line "OMFG THIS IS HILARIOUS LMAO!"
So, just in case you're planning to film your own gay or gay-adjacent viral video, here are a few we've pieced together for inspiration.
Miss California USA Responds to Gay Marriage Question From Perez Hilton
NOM: The Gathering Storm
Ellen DeGeneres vs. John McCain: Gay Marriage
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- Josh Duggar Resigns From Antigay Family Research Council Amid Sexual Abuse Allegations
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- BREAKING: Michael Sam Signed to Montreal Alouettes
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- 12 Quotes Proving Harvey Milk Still Gives Us Hope