BY Ross von Metzke
September 24 2009 12:55 PM ET
Are you a dancer, or is all of that you goofing off?
[Laughs] I’m not trained at all. I was completely goofing off. I didn’t think anyone would think I was a dancer. No professional dance, no performance training at all.
Have you seen some of the comments? Some people are giving you high marks for your moves.
Well, that’s true, but I know one person said they think I should take hip-hop lessons because I’m not fooling them.
When you put it online, what was your expectation? Because you’re up to well over 150,000 views and climbing in less than a week.
Well, I told all of my friends about it when I first put it up -- I knew they were expecting it because I’d been talking about it while I was editing. I knew they would all like it, but I had no idea that they would ... well, I guess I should have known, but I had no idea it would get as big as it has. Twenty-four hours after I’d posted it, it started getting big enough that I knew it was a possibility it might get this big.
Where are some of the places you’ve seen it posted? Have you tracked where people have posted the video?
Yeah, YouTube has this feature where you can see where all your videos are being embedded and linked from. At first, it was linked mostly by Facebook -- it was mostly friends spreading it to friends. That was back when it was between 10,000 and 20,000 views. It got picked up by Manhunt [laughs] ... I think that was the first blog that picked it up. And then I got a huge number of views from that. There have been some gay porn blogs that have picked it up, which has been really funny to see.
Have you seen it posted anywhere that really surprised you or caught you off-guard?
A lot of people in Brazil.
Ah, so you’re big in South America.
Yes -- very popular in South America. A lot of Spanish-speaking websites.
Well that makes sense, it being a Shakira song. Were you shocked at all when they flagged the video for adult content?
That was completely unexpected. I was kind of dismayed because this means that it gets buried in the search results when people look up “He Wolf,” and people who just copy my video and repost it online are showing up ahead of me just because theirs haven’t been flagged.
Have you attempted to contact YouTube and see if they’ll reconsider?
I’d like them to reconsider, if only because I want people to be able to see it who don’t have a YouTube account. So I’m trying to figure out the best way to contact them, but it’s very difficult to make contact. They don’t provide phone or e-mail.
- Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 2:15 PM
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM