Mel Gibson’s Rainbow Connection
BY Brandon Voss
July 26 2010 1:05 PM ET
How did that name work out for you as a kid?
It was a very trying childhood, believe you me. I just thank the good Lord for making me a homosexual and not a really butch football player or something. Things could be a lot worse right now.
Tell me about your blog, the Randy Rainbow Bloggity Blahg-Blahg.
Well, I’m a big show queen, so I started the blog a few years ago to document my theatrical experiences. After a while, though, it also became a place for me to tell stories and kvetch about my day-to-day as a single homo in the city. It’s very cathartic, and it’s gotten nice recognition, mostly from the gay and theatre communities. Aside from getting Mel Gibson to date me, it’s led to some pretty amazing opportunities and writing gigs.
You’re having an official premiere party for “Randy Rainbow is Dating Mel Gibson” August 9 at Splash in New York. Are you nervous that Mel will crash the event and cause a scene?
I only wish; I could use the press. I’m sure Mel will be otherwise engaged that night, so I won’t get my hopes up. Plus, he hates gays and Jews, so there’s that. But I’m still crazy about the guy.
Randy Rainbow will appear live at the official premiere party for “Randy Rainbow is Dating Mel Gibson” 11 p.m., Monday, Aug. 9 at Splash, 50 W 17th St., in New York City. For more info, visit therandyrainbowblahg.com.
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey 4:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Love Starts With Acceptance 4:00 AM
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Lesbians Explain How Lesbians Have Sex - with Visual Aids! December 05 2013 7:57 PM
- Travel Why Travelers Love Palm Springs Airport December 05 2013 7:33 PM
- Travel Turkish Bazaar Opening on Vegas Strip December 05 2013 7:12 PM
- Women WATCH: Nurse: 3D is the Epic Lesbian Exploitation Hospital Thriller of the Year! December 05 2013 6:54 PM