Ruffling Some (Peacock) Feathers
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 01 2010 5:25 PM ET
Is there a Katy Perry trend here we are seeing? Have you thought about what’s next on your list?
want to do Britney Spears again. I’ve done one video of hers before.
I’m waiting for her to drop a new single. I really want to do one with
someone who looks and dances like Britney. And I really want to try to
create a video where people would see it and go “Woah, is that actually
Britney?” So they really get confused. And since I obviously don’t have
access to direct Britney’s real videos, I want to create my own version.
Like I do with all my videos. I create my own interpretations, which I
think are always comedic to some extent — and sometimes artistic — but I
want to do it all seriously and not have any room for people to
misinterpret what I’m doing. But also, I’d like to have some sort of
involvement in Katy Perry’s actual video, so that’s the hope. The whole
reason I started doing these videos was the idea that if these artists
wouldn’t let me direct and edit their videos, then I would just do it on
my own until I gained enough recognition to be able to. It’s definitely
getting closer, so maybe that will happen eventually.
Have you heard from Katy regarding this video yet?
tweeted about it yesterday, but I haven’t heard anything direct. She seems to
like it, and feels like she has some competition. [Laughs] So that’s good!
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination
- Pet Shop Boys Remix Irish Drag Queen's Powerful Speech Against Homophobia
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination 1 hour 58 min ago
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians 2 hours 34 min ago
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem 7:47 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality Is an 'Extra Right,' Says Right-Wing Activist 7:44 PM
- Women Laurel Holloman Joins L Word Costars Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig at Dinah! 6:22 PM
- Politics Lesbian Couple Sues Neighbors for Bias 6:08 PM