Getting to Happy
BY Neal Broverman
September 28 2010 7:20 PM ET
Terry McMillan. How did this experience compare to the last time you
were on the show, where things seemed really hostile between you and
Plummer: This experience was a lot better — we’re both at peace with
ourselves. We can definitely be cordial and even somewhat affectionate.
We are definitely in a better place. Terry has accepted me for me, and
that means a lot. I really hope she finds true love again.
been hard for me as well. I’m very comfortable with my sexuality, and
I’m not hiding it. It’s been hard because of my experience with Terry. A
lot of people feel they can’t really follow in her footsteps.
Do you plan on reading McMillan’s new book, Getting to Happy, the sequel to Waiting to Exhale?
Plummer: I will read it. I actually endorsed it on the show.
- Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts New Anthem Supporting LGBT Russians
- Defending Anti-LGBT Laws, Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance'
- Politics Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year 1 hour 3 min ago
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher December 12 2013 8:48 PM
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts December 12 2013 8:18 PM
- Television 5 Reasons to Plug In to Masters of Sex December 12 2013 7:22 PM
- Travel VIDEO: Travel Helps People Live Longer, Says Study December 12 2013 6:35 PM
- Music WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts Song to Help Gay Russians December 12 2013 6:08 PM
- Religion WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Warns Robertson December 12 2013 6:03 PM