Getting to Happy
BY Neal Broverman
September 28 2010 8:20 PM ET
Terry McMillan. How did this experience compare to the last time you
were on the show, where things seemed really hostile between you and
Plummer: This experience was a lot better — we’re both at peace with
ourselves. We can definitely be cordial and even somewhat affectionate.
We are definitely in a better place. Terry has accepted me for me, and
that means a lot. I really hope she finds true love again.
been hard for me as well. I’m very comfortable with my sexuality, and
I’m not hiding it. It’s been hard because of my experience with Terry. A
lot of people feel they can’t really follow in her footsteps.
Do you plan on reading McMillan’s new book, Getting to Happy, the sequel to Waiting to Exhale?
Plummer: I will read it. I actually endorsed it on the show.
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People
- We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago
- Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay?
- Peace Corps Recognizes, Respects Same-Sex Couples
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Film Why is Behind the Candelabra Like Valley of the Dolls? 38 min 30 sec ago
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People 6:00 AM
- Youth WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Scout Comes Out to Camp Leader 5:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay? 4:34 AM
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 4:00 AM
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo May 22 2013 10:00 PM
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper May 22 2013 9:00 PM