Got a Buck? Help an Artist
BY Michelle Garcia
July 15 2011 12:25 PM ET
The Goal: $6,000
The Deadline: Aug. 1
Cool Perk for Contributions: Those who pledge $25 will receive Jenni and Lisa's e-book, How to Take a Break From Your Life and Follow Your Dreams NOW.
Out and Around is a collection of conversations with gay people around the world who are creating change for the LGBT community. Jenni and Lisa need help to fund their global trip interviewing "supergays" like John Lewis and Stuart Gaffney, a lawyer couple who tirelessly campaigns for marriage equality, and Maria Caruana, a pastor whose mission it is to reach gay people who have been hurt by the church. To record 50 interviews across 15 countries for their 10,000 website visitors, the duo needs donations to cover marketing, website, and production costs, as well as new gear.
Watch their pitch below, and visit their Indie Gogo page here.
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 12 min 56 sec ago
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 2 hours 12 min ago
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM