Got a Buck? Help an Artist
BY Michelle Garcia
July 15 2011 1:25 PM ET
The Goal: $7,000
The Deadline: Aug. 23 at 2:23 p.m. Eastern
Cool Perk for Contributions: Those who pledge $10 get a Lesbian Space Alien ringtone.
Madeleine Olnek's first feature film, Codependent Lesbian Space Alien Seeks Same, premiered at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival, but now to get it out to a theater near you, the playwright and filmmaker needs to put a few more finishing touches on the project. The film follows three lesbian aliens who have been sent to Earth. Their mission? To have their hearts broken by earthlings so their overactive emotions won't destroy the ozone of their planet. As the fetching extraterrestrials search for romance on the New York lesbian dating scene, one finds love with Jane, an eager stationery store clerk who is oblivious to the fact that she‚ to dating an alien.
Watch a clip of the film below, and visit her Kickstarter page here.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Out Photographer Slammed for Gay Iwo Jima Re-Creation
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Kentucky County Clerk Sued Over Denial of Marriage Licenses
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Smacks Down States Resisting Marriage Equality