Got a Buck? Help an Artist
BY Michelle Garcia
July 15 2011 1:25 PM ET
The Goal: $25,000
The Deadline: Aug. 8 at 8:22 a.m. Eastern
Cool Perk for Contributions: Those who pledge $100 or more will get a photo postcard with pregnancy updates.
Ian is a West Point graduate and Iraq War veteran, and his partner Troy is a successful kidney doctor. They're a couple living in Denver, Colo. who want children but they don't want to adopt, so they're turning to modern science: Their sisters LeAndra and Kelli plan to donate their time and bodies as an egg donor and surrogate (respectively) for Ian and Troy's offspring.
Filmmaker Edward McDonald is looking for $25,000 to fund a documentary about their experience.
Watch his pitch below, and visit his Kickstarter page here.
- 52 LGBT Superheroes and Villains
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- WATCH: Ted Cruz, Glenn Beck Think Marriage Equality Has Destroyed the Constitution
- Op-ed: I'm a Lesbian Targeted by the Bathroom Police
- The Advocate's 31 Favorite Films of Outfest 2015
- Suicides, Antigay Accusations Sully Elite San Diego School