A Gay Airman's Story: Coming Out to Dad, Then Mom
BY Michelle Garcia
September 08 2011 3:00 AM ET
Coming Out to Dad — September 20
After making his father promise that he would love him unconditionally, the airman said, "Dad, I'm gay."
"Gay?" his father said.
"I always have been, and I've known since forever," he replied.
His father said he would still love his son, no matter what.
airman admitted after a moment, "I've been working myself up, sitting
here with the phone in my hand for four hours," he said.
- Entertainment News Johnny Weir Scrubs His Bio of Russian Government Work 5 min 10 sec ago
- Transgender HHS to Reevaluate Ban on Gender-Confirming Surgeries 10 min 37 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Mary Lambert's Version of 'Teenage Dirtbag' is a Lesbian Love Song! 1 hour 34 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Senate Republicans Introduce 'License to Discriminate' Bill 1 hour 9 min ago
- Entertainment News TV Icon Bob Newhart Scheduled For Antigay Org Event With Rick Santorum 1 hour 30 min ago
- Military Hagel: Full National Guard To Recognize Gay Couples 2 hours 3 min ago
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: Follow 24 Hours in LGBT America 12:00 PM