Crowdfunding Campaigns You Should Consider This Week
BY Jase Peeples
April 21 2013 4:13 PM ET
Truth. Be. Told. is a new episodic TV series documenting the lives of “Queer Black Visionaries” from filmmaker Katina Parker and Executive Producers Carol Ann Shine and Jennifer MacArthur.
The creative minds behind the series began a crowdfunding campaign via IndieGoGo with plans to use the funds to cut the pilot episode, which will be used to set up a world premiere at OUTFest in July 2013. Though the project’s $10,000 goal wasn’t met, IndieGoGo’s flexible funding structure ensures the $3,970 raised by the campaign will help fund the endeavor. However, support for the series is still welcome and the following list of three additional crowdfunded LGBT projects are also worth a look.
- Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- Defending Anti-LGBT Laws, Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance'
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- Politics Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year 42 min 50 sec ago
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher December 12 2013 8:48 PM
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts December 12 2013 8:18 PM
- Television 5 Reasons to Plug In to Masters of Sex December 12 2013 7:22 PM
- Travel VIDEO: Travel Helps People Live Longer, Says Study December 12 2013 6:35 PM
- Music WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts Song to Help Gay Russians December 12 2013 6:08 PM
- Religion WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Warns Robertson December 12 2013 6:03 PM