Four LGBT Projects You Could Give Money To This Month
BY David Artavia
August 06 2013 12:15 PM ET
DOCUMENTARY: The Passionate Pursuits of Angela Bowen
Award-winning documentary filmmaker Jennifer Abod brings you the life of her longtime partner Angela Bowen, a legendary black lesbian activist who overcame racism in the 1950s to become a classical ballerina, and later a beloved writer, educator, and speaker.
Today, Bowen has Alzheimer's disease and has since retired. The film is a decade in the making and addresses the universal themes of family, love, loss, disease, gender and sexuality. With proper funding, Abod hopes to finish the film by the year's end.
Check out their Indiegogo campaign and watch the video below.
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- WATCH: Antigay Ky. Clerk Inadvertently Married This Queer Couple
- WATCH: How This 12-Year-Old Lacrosse Player Found His Courage
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Artist Spotlight: Jamil Hellu
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality