Four LGBT Projects You Could Give Money To This Month
BY David Artavia
August 06 2013 12:15 PM ET
DOCUMENTARY: The Passionate Pursuits of Angela Bowen
Award-winning documentary filmmaker Jennifer Abod brings you the life of her longtime partner Angela Bowen, a legendary black lesbian activist who overcame racism in the 1950s to become a classical ballerina, and later a beloved writer, educator, and speaker.
Today, Bowen has Alzheimer's disease and has since retired. The film is a decade in the making and addresses the universal themes of family, love, loss, disease, gender and sexuality. With proper funding, Abod hopes to finish the film by the year's end.
Check out their Indiegogo campaign and watch the video below.
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- BREAKING: Cowboys Release Michael Sam
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- WATCH: Alan Cumming on Getting 'Whacked' By Shia LaBeouf
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- Michael Sam, Cowboys Welcome Lull in Media Attention