Four LGBT Projects You Could Give Money To This Month
BY David Artavia
August 06 2013 11:15 AM ET
DOCUMENTARY: The Passionate Pursuits of Angela Bowen
Award-winning documentary filmmaker Jennifer Abod brings you the life of her longtime partner Angela Bowen, a legendary black lesbian activist who overcame racism in the 1950s to become a classical ballerina, and later a beloved writer, educator, and speaker.
Today, Bowen has Alzheimer's disease and has since retired. The film is a decade in the making and addresses the universal themes of family, love, loss, disease, gender and sexuality. With proper funding, Abod hopes to finish the film by the year's end.
Check out their Indiegogo campaign and watch the video below.
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Says Pat Robertson
- Defending Anti-LGBT Laws, Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance'
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- Travel VIDEO: Travel Helps People Live Longer, Says Study 28 min 13 sec ago
- Religion WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Warns Robertson 1 hour 27 sec ago
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! 2 hours 43 min ago
- Coming Out WATCH: Mom Affirms Love in Son's Coming-Out Video 3:57 PM
- People Photo of the Day: DLB and Tom Daley Share a Moment in Houston 3:50 PM
- Entertainment News Damien Lewis vs. Ian McKellen: Homeland Actor Apologizes 3:39 PM
- Politics WATCH: Right-Wing 'Documentary' Tries to Defend 'Ex-Gay' Therapy 3:31 PM