Four LGBT Projects You Could Give Money To This Month
BY David Artavia
August 06 2013 12:15 PM ET
FUNDRAISER: Help Save Todd Heywood's Home and Health!
Todd Heywood is a respected, HIV-positive journalist who covers HIV and AIDS as well as LGBT issues for HIV Plus magazine and other media outlets, including his blog ViralAparteid.com. He also works full time as an investigative reporter for the American Independent News Network, though he's currently on medical leave. For a while now, Heywood has been struggling with issues regarding his immune system and as a result is vulnerable to certain infections. However, recently his doctor determined that a contributing factor to his declining health is his house — a problem that requires thousands of dollars to fix. So he has turned to the public for help.
By donating anything you can, you are helping Heywood relieve the stress of having to decide whether to leave his home and face possible homelessness or stay in the house and face a rapid increase in health concerns and disabilities related to HIV.
To donate, check out his GoFundMe profile.
- Travel First Same-Sex Couple to Wed at Roman Baths 25 min 14 sec ago
- Politics S.C. House Approves Budget Cuts to Colleges With LGBT Curricula 35 min 5 sec ago
- Travel Brooklyn-Bound Girls Bus Tour Being Floated 1 hour 1 min ago
- Sports Jason Collins Will Remain With Brooklyn Nets 1 hour 8 min ago
- Theater Adam Shankman to Helm Hair at Hollywood Bowl 1 hour 15 min ago
- Women Out Musician Soko On Being a Part of 'First Kiss' Viral Video 1 hour 20 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment EXCLUSIVE: Elton John's Las Vegas Performance of 'Benny and the Jets' 2 hours 12 min ago