Four LGBT Projects You Could Give Money To This Month
BY David Artavia
August 06 2013 12:15 PM ET
FUNDRAISER: Help Save Todd Heywood's Home and Health!
Todd Heywood is a respected, HIV-positive journalist who covers HIV and AIDS as well as LGBT issues for HIV Plus magazine and other media outlets, including his blog ViralAparteid.com. He also works full time as an investigative reporter for the American Independent News Network, though he's currently on medical leave. For a while now, Heywood has been struggling with issues regarding his immune system and as a result is vulnerable to certain infections. However, recently his doctor determined that a contributing factor to his declining health is his house — a problem that requires thousands of dollars to fix. So he has turned to the public for help.
By donating anything you can, you are helping Heywood relieve the stress of having to decide whether to leave his home and face possible homelessness or stay in the house and face a rapid increase in health concerns and disabilities related to HIV.
To donate, check out his GoFundMe profile.
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- WATCH: Antigay Ky. Clerk Inadvertently Married This Queer Couple
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: How This 12-Year-Old Lacrosse Player Found His Courage
- Jenny Boylan Tells Caitlyn Jenner: 'Don't Be a Stupid' Woman