What Does Doug Pitt Say About Mom?
BY Neal Broverman
July 09 2012 2:36 PM ET
After Brad Pitt's mother wrote a disparaging letter to the editor that slammed President Obama for supporting same-sex marriage and a woman's right to choose, Pitt's brother discussed the rant.
Doug Pitt was on Today discussing his new commercial for Virgin Mobile. At the end of Pitt's interview with Matt Lauer, Pitt was asked his take on the controversial letter.
"Moms and dads and kids agree to disagree all over the world, so why would our family be any different," Pitt said. "There can be healthy discussion when people disagree with you and I think there should be. The bad thing is when it turns to venom and negativity, and we don't have that in our family. It's open discussion, we can learn from each other. If anything, it solidifies your point or maybe you learn something." Watch the video below.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- #TBT: Halloween Exhibitionism
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages
- WATCH: In Pat Robertson's Latest Diatribe, Gays Are 'Terrorists'