What Does Doug Pitt Say About Mom?
BY Neal Broverman
July 09 2012 2:36 PM ET
After Brad Pitt's mother wrote a disparaging letter to the editor that slammed President Obama for supporting same-sex marriage and a woman's right to choose, Pitt's brother discussed the rant.
Doug Pitt was on Today discussing his new commercial for Virgin Mobile. At the end of Pitt's interview with Matt Lauer, Pitt was asked his take on the controversial letter.
"Moms and dads and kids agree to disagree all over the world, so why would our family be any different," Pitt said. "There can be healthy discussion when people disagree with you and I think there should be. The bad thing is when it turns to venom and negativity, and we don't have that in our family. It's open discussion, we can learn from each other. If anything, it solidifies your point or maybe you learn something." Watch the video below.
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges