PHOTOS: ABC's Sam Champion Gets Married
BY Lucas Grindley
December 21 2012 6:50 PM ET
Surrounded by fellow Good Morning America anchors, friends, and family, ABC weatherman Sam Champion was married in New York today.
Champion came out in October in a New York Times story about another television anchor's marriage — Thomas Roberts of MSNBC and Patrick Abner. Champion had attended their wedding and then mentioned his own engagement to Rubem Robierb, a Brazilian-born artist.
The Roberts-Abner wedding included about 170 guests. Champion took a more intimate approach and was married in a small ceremony at Champion's apartment that was officiated by N.Y. State Supreme Court Justice George J. Silver, according to ABC News.
Guests included ABC's Elizabeth Vargas, George Stephanopoulos and Robin Roberts, who read a poem by Elizabeth Barrett Browning to mark the occasion.
Robin Roberts, Sam Champion, Rubem Robierb, Lara Spencer, Josh Elliott
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Mike Pence 'Abhors' Discrimination? His Record Shows Otherwise
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Governors of Connecticut, New York, and Washington Ban Travel to Indiana