PHOTOS: ABC's Sam Champion Gets Married
BY Lucas Grindley
December 21 2012 5:50 PM ET
Surrounded by fellow Good Morning America anchors, friends, and family, ABC weatherman Sam Champion was married in New York today.
Champion came out in October in a New York Times story about another television anchor's marriage — Thomas Roberts of MSNBC and Patrick Abner. Champion had attended their wedding and then mentioned his own engagement to Rubem Robierb, a Brazilian-born artist.
The Roberts-Abner wedding included about 170 guests. Champion took a more intimate approach and was married in a small ceremony at Champion's apartment that was officiated by N.Y. State Supreme Court Justice George J. Silver, according to ABC News.
Guests included ABC's Elizabeth Vargas, George Stephanopoulos and Robin Roberts, who read a poem by Elizabeth Barrett Browning to mark the occasion.
Robin Roberts, Sam Champion, Rubem Robierb, Lara Spencer, Josh Elliott
- World World Bank President Withdraws From Panel on 'Economic Impact of Homophobia' 24 min 26 sec ago
- Transgender Google's International Women's Day Doodle Includes Trans Women 30 min 33 sec ago
- Sports College Swimmer Comes Out to Religious Mom 50 min 10 sec ago
- Media CNN to Test New Don Lemon Prime-Time Show 1 hour 4 min ago
- Religion WATCH: Christian Pastors Involved in African LGBT Issues — But Not How You May Think 1 hour 20 min ago
- Love and Sex Single, Fun, Fit, and 50 1 hour 32 min ago
- Travel Travelogue: News and Notes from Philly, San Diego and More 1 hour 48 min ago