PHOTOS: ABC's Sam Champion Gets Married
BY Lucas Grindley
December 21 2012 6:50 PM ET
Surrounded by fellow Good Morning America anchors, friends, and family, ABC weatherman Sam Champion was married in New York today.
Champion came out in October in a New York Times story about another television anchor's marriage — Thomas Roberts of MSNBC and Patrick Abner. Champion had attended their wedding and then mentioned his own engagement to Rubem Robierb, a Brazilian-born artist.
The Roberts-Abner wedding included about 170 guests. Champion took a more intimate approach and was married in a small ceremony at Champion's apartment that was officiated by N.Y. State Supreme Court Justice George J. Silver, according to ABC News.
Guests included ABC's Elizabeth Vargas, George Stephanopoulos and Robin Roberts, who read a poem by Elizabeth Barrett Browning to mark the occasion.
Robin Roberts, Sam Champion, Rubem Robierb, Lara Spencer, Josh Elliott
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship May 24 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition May 24 2013 7:00 PM
- Women Op-Ed: Remembering Sakia Gunn: the News Coverage and Homophobic Murder May 24 2013 6:27 PM