ONE Archives Exhibit Highlights Queer L.A. Mags Dating Back to the 1940s
BY Neal Broverman
February 02 2013 2:06 PM ET
BLK, Vol. 2, No. 5 (May 1990)
BLK was a monthly magazine founded by Alan Bell for gay and lesbian African-Americans. First published in December 1988, BLK began as a local publication but grew to become nationally focused and distributed.
Tags: Arts & Entertainment
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- QUIZ: Are You Afraid of Gay PDA?
- 7 Absurd Legal 'Arguments' Against Marriage Equality From a Straight Couple in Kansas
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- LISTEN: Santorum Frothing Mad That LGBT Activists Have 'Silenced the Church'