ONE Archives Exhibit Highlights Queer L.A. Mags Dating Back to the 1940s
BY Neal Broverman
February 02 2013 1:06 PM ET
The Ladder, Vol. 5, No. 2 (November 1960)
While founded in San Francisco as the magazine of the lesbian homophile group The Daughters of Bilitis, The Ladder regularly featured information from Los Angeles. ONE editor Stella Rush wrote for The Ladder, as well as Edith Eyde, who used the named Lisa Ben, an anagram for “lesbian,” in the magazine.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View