ONE Archives Exhibit Highlights Queer L.A. Mags Dating Back to the 1940s
BY Neal Broverman
February 02 2013 2:06 PM ET
The Lesbian Tide, Vol. 2, No. 9 (April 1973)
Originally the newsletter of the Daughters of Bilitis Los Angeles chapter, The Lesbian Tide became its own independent publication in September 1972. Lead by activist, writer and community organizer Jeanne Córdova, The Lesbian Tide eventually became a nationally distributed publication with a political lesbian-feminist agenda that set it apart of earlier lesbian publications like The Ladder.
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Tim Cook on Standing Up to Discrimination: 'It’s Time for All of Us'
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview