ONE Archives Exhibit Highlights Queer L.A. Mags Dating Back to the 1940s
BY Neal Broverman
February 02 2013 2:06 PM ET
The Lesbian Tide, Vol. 2, No. 9 (April 1973)
Originally the newsletter of the Daughters of Bilitis Los Angeles chapter, The Lesbian Tide became its own independent publication in September 1972. Lead by activist, writer and community organizer Jeanne Córdova, The Lesbian Tide eventually became a nationally distributed publication with a political lesbian-feminist agenda that set it apart of earlier lesbian publications like The Ladder.
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Michael Sam, Cowboys Welcome Lull in Media Attention
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'