ONE Archives Exhibit Highlights Queer L.A. Mags Dating Back to the 1940s
BY Neal Broverman
February 02 2013 1:06 PM ET
The Lesbian Tide, Vol. 2, No. 9 (April 1973)
Originally the newsletter of the Daughters of Bilitis Los Angeles chapter, The Lesbian Tide became its own independent publication in September 1972. Lead by activist, writer and community organizer Jeanne Córdova, The Lesbian Tide eventually became a nationally distributed publication with a political lesbian-feminist agenda that set it apart of earlier lesbian publications like The Ladder.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6