Tweeting the Jackson Funeral
July 07 2009 12:00 AM ET
- Mariah takes stage in front of casket...
- Queen Latifah reads Maya Angelou tribute poem: "He took a pose on his toes for all of us. And we knew that we had him."
- Motown's Berry Gordy alludes to Michael Jackson's "Sad times, questionable decisions..." coronates him "greatest entertainer of all time.."
- Stevie Wonder's preamble prompts weeping throughout audience.
- Magic Johnson: eating KFC with Jackson "greatest moment of my life."
- Sharpton delivers eulogy
- Sharpton: Oprah, Tiger, Obama, et. al. owe it to Michael...audience volume up to 11
- John Mayer gets mixed response until strains of "Human Nature" emanate from his guitar... Hard to follow Hudson and Wonder..
- Jermaine holds it together for final verse of "Smile"
- Rep. Jackson Lee introduces cong honoring Jackson
- Wunderkind singer Shaheen Jafargoli (age 12) reprises early MJ. The circle turns...
- Send-off: "We Are The World"
- ...and "Heal The World.
- Gold-plated casket leaving the building
- Family to address overflow crowd at Nokia theater
- Janet to Nokia crowd: "Michael will always be in our hearts." Latoya thanks the city of Los Angeles for their efforts. No word yet on reimbursement.
- Memorial programs already being hocked on eBay for $200+. Meanwhile Jackson family leaves Staples Center for Beverly Hills gathering.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Marriage Equality Recalls of Pro-Marriage Equality Lawmakers Quashed in Minnesota 2 hours 10 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout 4:34 AM
- Current Issue A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World 4:00 AM
- Current Issue A Home of Our Own 4:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT 4:00 AM
- World News Marriage Equality Appeal Headed to Brazil's Supreme Court 1:06 AM
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader May 21 2013 10:04 PM