Tweeting the Jackson Funeral
July 07 2009 12:00 AM ET
- Mariah takes stage in front of casket...
- Queen Latifah reads Maya Angelou tribute poem: "He took a pose on his toes for all of us. And we knew that we had him."
- Motown's Berry Gordy alludes to Michael Jackson's "Sad times, questionable decisions..." coronates him "greatest entertainer of all time.."
- Stevie Wonder's preamble prompts weeping throughout audience.
- Magic Johnson: eating KFC with Jackson "greatest moment of my life."
- Sharpton delivers eulogy
- Sharpton: Oprah, Tiger, Obama, et. al. owe it to Michael...audience volume up to 11
- John Mayer gets mixed response until strains of "Human Nature" emanate from his guitar... Hard to follow Hudson and Wonder..
- Jermaine holds it together for final verse of "Smile"
- Rep. Jackson Lee introduces cong honoring Jackson
- Wunderkind singer Shaheen Jafargoli (age 12) reprises early MJ. The circle turns...
- Send-off: "We Are The World"
- ...and "Heal The World.
- Gold-plated casket leaving the building
- Family to address overflow crowd at Nokia theater
- Janet to Nokia crowd: "Michael will always be in our hearts." Latoya thanks the city of Los Angeles for their efforts. No word yet on reimbursement.
- Memorial programs already being hocked on eBay for $200+. Meanwhile Jackson family leaves Staples Center for Beverly Hills gathering.
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- Josh Duggar Resigns From Antigay Family Research Council Amid Sexual Abuse Allegations
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- EXCLUSIVE: A Chat With Pop Legend Dionne Warwick and Her Granddaughter Cheyenne Elliott