BY Advocate.com Editors
October 22 2009 5:35 PM ET
“Single Ladies” — Beyoncé
And, of course, no collection of video tributes would be complete without the one that started the craze — Shane Mercado’s “Single Ladies.”
Mercado even got to meet Beyoncé — on the red carpet for her film Cadillac Records.
“She came up to me and she was like, ‘Are you the guy with that hot outfit? You’re very talented.’”
The video even led to some dance jobs and club appearances — and a paid gig to teach an entire town the moves.
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Op-ed: Why LGBT and the GOP Are Better Together
- Op-ed: Finding Sympathy for the Most Hated Woman in America
- 10 Transgender Kings and Queens Who Ruled the School