BY Advocate.com Editors
October 22 2009 5:35 PM ET
“Single Ladies” — Beyoncé
And, of course, no collection of video tributes would be complete without the one that started the craze — Shane Mercado’s “Single Ladies.”
Mercado even got to meet Beyoncé — on the red carpet for her film Cadillac Records.
“She came up to me and she was like, ‘Are you the guy with that hot outfit? You’re very talented.’”
The video even led to some dance jobs and club appearances — and a paid gig to teach an entire town the moves.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Catholics: Antigay Leaders Get Boot, a Progressive Becomes American Archbishop
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'