BY Advocate.com Editors
October 22 2009 5:35 PM ET
“Single Ladies” — Beyoncé
And, of course, no collection of video tributes would be complete without the one that started the craze — Shane Mercado’s “Single Ladies.”
Mercado even got to meet Beyoncé — on the red carpet for her film Cadillac Records.
“She came up to me and she was like, ‘Are you the guy with that hot outfit? You’re very talented.’”
The video even led to some dance jobs and club appearances — and a paid gig to teach an entire town the moves.
- Panic! at the Disco Counters Westboro Baptist Church Picket With Donation
- Shocking Increase in HIV Diagnosis Rate Among Young Gay, Bi Men
- WATCH: Do Kids Movies Push The 'Gay Agenda'?
- Fox Pundit: Obama Forcing 'Militant LGBT Agenda' on Christians
- GLAAD Studio Responsibility Index Reveals Lack of LGBT Visibility
- PHOTOS: San Diego Pride