BY Brandon Voss
March 11 2010 1:05 PM ET
Were you surprised at how many other major outlets picked up the story?
I flipped out! I’ve been in this business for 20 years and have worked with everybody, and people have linked me with artists that I’ve worked with before, but never like this. It blew me away, and I’m just now settling down from everything.
Was this rumor somehow fabricated to help create buzz around the remix?
Well, I didn’t leak this story. If this was to create buzz around the remix, I would’ve done it prior to the remix being released in the beginning of February. From what people are telling me, the press may have more to do with her and her Bravo contract. As much as people want to know the truth, I even don’t think it’s affected sales that much.
When Kim performed at New York’s Splash in December, she said that she was “with someone” and “happier than ever.” When host Andy Cohen asked who the lucky guy was, Kim quipped, “Who said it was a man?” Could that have contributed to the rumors about your relationship?
Yeah, I think it may’ve spun from there.
Do you have any idea who the unidentified source was that — to use an Atlanta Housewives expression — spilled your tea to UsMagazine.com?
I have no idea other than maybe it just spun off that previous press that was out months ago.
Do you believe there’s no such thing as bad publicity?
Yes and no. I don’t see this as bad publicity for me. I don’t know how Kim feels about it, but it’s not affecting me because I’ve been openly gay for more than 12 years.
People are comparing your situation to the odd romance between Lindsay Lohan and Samantha Ronson. What do you think about your fellow lesbian DJ?
I’ve met Samantha and I happen to think she’s adorable. We’re not close, but I’ve known Samantha for about 11 years. Of course they’re going to compare the situations because that was one of the first high-profile lesbian celebrity romances other than, like, Ellen.
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- Defending Anti-LGBT Laws, Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance'
- 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- Women WATCH: Ellen Will Tell You if She and Portia Are Getting Divorced! 14 min 59 sec ago
- World News Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance' 26 min 17 sec ago
- Travel PHOTOS: Whet Your Appetite for Gay Polo's Biggest Event 27 min 42 sec ago
- The Wedding Channel Coast Guard Academy Sees First Same-Sex Engagement Announcement 31 min 31 sec ago
- Television Behind The Candelabra Leads Golden Globes' TV Awards With 4 Noms 1 hour 15 min ago
- Comedy WATCH: Billy Eichner and Amy Poehler Have Aggressive Christmas Spirit 11:17 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: One Day in Big Gaylarious America 7:00 AM