BY Brandon Voss
March 11 2010 1:05 PM ET
Were you surprised at how many other major outlets picked up the story?
I flipped out! I’ve been in this business for 20 years and have worked with everybody, and people have linked me with artists that I’ve worked with before, but never like this. It blew me away, and I’m just now settling down from everything.
Was this rumor somehow fabricated to help create buzz around the remix?
Well, I didn’t leak this story. If this was to create buzz around the remix, I would’ve done it prior to the remix being released in the beginning of February. From what people are telling me, the press may have more to do with her and her Bravo contract. As much as people want to know the truth, I even don’t think it’s affected sales that much.
When Kim performed at New York’s Splash in December, she said that she was “with someone” and “happier than ever.” When host Andy Cohen asked who the lucky guy was, Kim quipped, “Who said it was a man?” Could that have contributed to the rumors about your relationship?
Yeah, I think it may’ve spun from there.
Do you have any idea who the unidentified source was that — to use an Atlanta Housewives expression — spilled your tea to UsMagazine.com?
I have no idea other than maybe it just spun off that previous press that was out months ago.
Do you believe there’s no such thing as bad publicity?
Yes and no. I don’t see this as bad publicity for me. I don’t know how Kim feels about it, but it’s not affecting me because I’ve been openly gay for more than 12 years.
People are comparing your situation to the odd romance between Lindsay Lohan and Samantha Ronson. What do you think about your fellow lesbian DJ?
I’ve met Samantha and I happen to think she’s adorable. We’re not close, but I’ve known Samantha for about 11 years. Of course they’re going to compare the situations because that was one of the first high-profile lesbian celebrity romances other than, like, Ellen.
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM