BY Advocate.com Editors
March 29 2010 8:55 PM ET
Do you really want it? To celebrate Ricky Martin’s coming out day, The Advocate has compiled some of his most memorable performance
clips, from his career beginnings with Latin American boy band Menudo to his breakthrough to English-speaking audiences with "Livin' la Vida Loca."
Martin first came to public attention as a member of Menudo, the Latin \-American boy band. The band (Martin is on the far right) performs “Like a Cannonball,” from the Burt Reynolds comedy Cannonball Run 2, at the MDA telethon in 1984.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Marriage Equality Recalls of Pro-Marriage Equality Lawmakers Quashed in Minnesota 23 min 46 sec ago
- Commentary Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout 1 hour 19 min ago
- Current Issue A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World 1 hour 54 min ago
- Current Issue A Home of Our Own 1 hour 54 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT 1 hour 54 min ago
- World News Marriage Equality Appeal Headed to Brazil's Supreme Court 1:06 AM
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader May 21 2013 10:04 PM