BY Advocate.com Editors
March 29 2010 8:55 PM ET
Do you really want it? To celebrate Ricky Martin’s coming out day, The Advocate has compiled some of his most memorable performance
clips, from his career beginnings with Latin American boy band Menudo to his breakthrough to English-speaking audiences with "Livin' la Vida Loca."
Martin first came to public attention as a member of Menudo, the Latin \-American boy band. The band (Martin is on the far right) performs “Like a Cannonball,” from the Burt Reynolds comedy Cannonball Run 2, at the MDA telethon in 1984.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Welcome to Night Vale: Where Queer Is Normal and Normal Is Bizarre
- PHOTOS: What Pride Looks Like in a Still-Hesitant Serbia
- Op-ed: Finding Sympathy for the Most Hated Woman in America