BY Ross von Metzke
March 31 2010 5:50 PM ET
Do you think coming out will hurt his career?
Oh, no ... I don’t think so. I think he’s far away from that. The thing about Ricky Martin is that he’s a great artist. He’s a great musician. He’s a great singer, a great showman. I think he’s going to be better. But I also don’t think he cares anymore. I think the more important thing to him is to be himself. I think it’s a really good example for his kids, and they will grow up and see that their father is honest to the world.
What would you say to Ricky right now if you were to talk to him?
I would say to Ricky ... I’m really, really happy and proud to be gay also, and I think the whole gay community is really proud. Not just the gay community, but anyone who respects being who you want to be. I respect him more than ever.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- The Advocate's 31 Favorite Films of Outfest 2015
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- PHOTOS: Big Gay Weddings Across Texas
- Hillary Clinton's Kind Words to Gay Kid 'Afraid' for His Future
- Op-ed: I'm a Lesbian Targeted by the Bathroom Police