BY Ross von Metzke
March 31 2010 4:50 PM ET
Do you think coming out will hurt his career?
Oh, no ... I don’t think so. I think he’s far away from that. The thing about Ricky Martin is that he’s a great artist. He’s a great musician. He’s a great singer, a great showman. I think he’s going to be better. But I also don’t think he cares anymore. I think the more important thing to him is to be himself. I think it’s a really good example for his kids, and they will grow up and see that their father is honest to the world.
What would you say to Ricky right now if you were to talk to him?
I would say to Ricky ... I’m really, really happy and proud to be gay also, and I think the whole gay community is really proud. Not just the gay community, but anyone who respects being who you want to be. I respect him more than ever.
- Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
- WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2
- German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 2:15 PM
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM