BY Ross von Metzke
March 31 2010 5:50 PM ET
Do you think coming out will hurt his career?
Oh, no ... I don’t think so. I think he’s far away from that. The thing about Ricky Martin is that he’s a great artist. He’s a great musician. He’s a great singer, a great showman. I think he’s going to be better. But I also don’t think he cares anymore. I think the more important thing to him is to be himself. I think it’s a really good example for his kids, and they will grow up and see that their father is honest to the world.
What would you say to Ricky right now if you were to talk to him?
I would say to Ricky ... I’m really, really happy and proud to be gay also, and I think the whole gay community is really proud. Not just the gay community, but anyone who respects being who you want to be. I respect him more than ever.
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- Living Trans, From Iran to New York City
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Omar Sharif Jr. Featured on Arabic TV News
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series