BY Ross von Metzke
March 31 2010 4:50 PM ET
Do you think coming out will hurt his career?
Oh, no ... I don’t think so. I think he’s far away from that. The thing about Ricky Martin is that he’s a great artist. He’s a great musician. He’s a great singer, a great showman. I think he’s going to be better. But I also don’t think he cares anymore. I think the more important thing to him is to be himself. I think it’s a really good example for his kids, and they will grow up and see that their father is honest to the world.
What would you say to Ricky right now if you were to talk to him?
I would say to Ricky ... I’m really, really happy and proud to be gay also, and I think the whole gay community is really proud. Not just the gay community, but anyone who respects being who you want to be. I respect him more than ever.
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- WATCH: Trailer for the Wachowskis' Jupiter Ascending Premieres Online
- 10 Snarky Quotes That Will Make You Miss Michael Kors on Project Runway
- The Queer Quotient at the SAG Awards
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus 23 min 37 sec ago
- Travel What Airline Scored 100% on HRC's Corporate Equality Index? 23 min 46 sec ago
- Entertainment News The Queer Quotient at the SAG Awards 1 hour 5 min ago
- Entertainment News GQ Germany Features Famous Straight Men Kissing for Tolerance 2 hours 40 min ago
- Women WATCH: Kim Stolz's Ridiculously Beautiful Wedding Video 3:34 PM
- Politics N.J. Legislature Could Enshrine Marriage Equality into State Law 3:17 PM
- Transgender Coalition Still Short in Bid to Repeal Calif. Trans Student Law 3:09 PM