BY Advocate.com Editors
April 02 2010 10:45 AM ET
Ricky Martin may not have come out on the cover of People or given Matt Lauer an exclusive on morning television. But by telling the world that he’s a “fortunate homosexual man” in a blog post on his website, overnight, Ricky Martin became one of the most visible and influential out entertainers working today, leading many to wonder, What next?
From a rumored Broadway show on the horizon to expanding his already respected work with underprivileged children around the world, The Advocate offers Ricky Martin five ideas for things he should do now that he’s out.
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- For YouTube's 10th Birthday, the 10 Best LGBT Videos