BY Advocate.com Editors
April 02 2010 10:45 AM ET
Ricky Martin may not have come out on the cover of People or given Matt Lauer an exclusive on morning television. But by telling the world that he’s a “fortunate homosexual man” in a blog post on his website, overnight, Ricky Martin became one of the most visible and influential out entertainers working today, leading many to wonder, What next?
From a rumored Broadway show on the horizon to expanding his already respected work with underprivileged children around the world, The Advocate offers Ricky Martin five ideas for things he should do now that he’s out.
- This Is How Every Parent Should Respond After Their 13-Year-Old Comes Out
- Op-ed: In Defense of Looking
- Right-Wingers Call Frozen a Gay Indoctrination Film
- Throwback Thursday: Richard Simmons Gets Inappropriate on Whose Line Is It Anyway?
- Op-ed: No One Is Invincible
- After Elimination: Vivacious of RuPaul's Drag Race Season 6
- Women BREAKING: Father of Murdered Texas Lesbian Arrested 22 min 22 sec ago
- Travel Directors, Reality Housewives and the Sad Story of WeHo's 'Death Corner' 1 hour 23 min ago
- Politics Michigan's First Out Federal Judge Confirmed 2 hours 22 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Model Andrej Pejic Shouts: 'I'm a Boy and I'm a Girl!' 2 hours 31 min ago
- Women This is the Meryl Streep/Hillary Clinton Selfie You Need In Your Life Right Now! 3:14 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Richard Simmons Gets Inappropriate on TV 2:27 PM
- Women WATCH: AI's Out Performer MK Nobilette Does 'To Make You Feel My Love' 2:11 PM