BY Advocate.com Editors
April 02 2010 9:45 AM ET
Ricky Martin may not have come out on the cover of People or given Matt Lauer an exclusive on morning television. But by telling the world that he’s a “fortunate homosexual man” in a blog post on his website, overnight, Ricky Martin became one of the most visible and influential out entertainers working today, leading many to wonder, What next?
From a rumored Broadway show on the horizon to expanding his already respected work with underprivileged children around the world, The Advocate offers Ricky Martin five ideas for things he should do now that he’s out.
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- Defending Anti-LGBT Laws, Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance'
- Religion WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Warns Robertson 13 min 27 sec ago
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! 1 hour 56 min ago
- Coming Out WATCH: Mom Affirms Love in Son's Coming-Out Video 2 hours 19 min ago
- People Photo of the Day: DLB and Tom Daley Share a Moment in Houston 2 hours 27 min ago
- Entertainment News Damien Lewis vs. Ian McKellen: Homeland Actor Apologizes 2 hours 37 min ago
- Politics WATCH: Right-Wing 'Documentary' Tries to Defend 'Ex-Gay' Therapy 2 hours 45 min ago
- Internet Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay 2:44 PM