BY Advocate.com Editors
April 02 2010 10:45 AM ET
Return to Broadway
This isn’t to say every gay performer who comes out should head to Broadway, but when rumors began to circulate earlier this month that Martin was in negotiations to star in a revival of Evita, it seemed like a perfect fit. After all, Martin scored rave reviews long before he was “Livin’ la Vida Loca” when he costarred in Les Misérables in 1996. After almost 15 years away from Broadway, he’s long overdue for a return ... and what audience could be more welcoming to the newly out star than theatergoers?
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- 10 Transgender Kings and Queens Who Ruled the School
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad
- S.C. Fans Show Lack Of Creativity, Smarts in Michael Sam Posters