BY Advocate.com Editors
April 02 2010 10:45 AM ET
Return to Broadway
This isn’t to say every gay performer who comes out should head to Broadway, but when rumors began to circulate earlier this month that Martin was in negotiations to star in a revival of Evita, it seemed like a perfect fit. After all, Martin scored rave reviews long before he was “Livin’ la Vida Loca” when he costarred in Les Misérables in 1996. After almost 15 years away from Broadway, he’s long overdue for a return ... and what audience could be more welcoming to the newly out star than theatergoers?
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Op-ed: I Met My Best Friend on Grindr
- WATCH: The Weirdest Antigay Marriage Arguments Before the Supreme Court
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Op-ed: New Jersey's Most Antigay Teacher Shouldn't Have Her Job
- Prominent Queer Korean, Chicana Leader Killed in Her Atlanta Home