BY Advocate.com Editors
April 02 2010 10:45 AM ET
Give a Speech or Two About Gay Rights
Ricky Martin brings something to the table our gay and lesbian leaders are sorely lacking ... influence with Spanish-speaking voters. Though Latino voters in California did reject Proposition 8, it was by a narrow margin ... Martin’s influence could have helped to widen the gap.
And in Mexico, where same-sex marriage and adoption are both being widely debated (not to mention Argentina, where marriage is on the cusp of becoming a nationwide reality), Martin has the power to change minds and reach voters. The fact that he happens to be well spoken and educated on issues of human rights makes him all the more qualified.
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?