BY Advocate.com Editors
April 02 2010 10:45 AM ET
Give a Speech or Two About Gay Rights
Ricky Martin brings something to the table our gay and lesbian leaders are sorely lacking ... influence with Spanish-speaking voters. Though Latino voters in California did reject Proposition 8, it was by a narrow margin ... Martin’s influence could have helped to widen the gap.
And in Mexico, where same-sex marriage and adoption are both being widely debated (not to mention Argentina, where marriage is on the cusp of becoming a nationwide reality), Martin has the power to change minds and reach voters. The fact that he happens to be well spoken and educated on issues of human rights makes him all the more qualified.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Do You Hear 'Girl Men' or 'Guru Men?' 46 min 25 sec ago
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 7:00 AM
- Television The Brains Behind Husbands 6:03 AM
- Tyler Curry The 'Undetectable' Paradox in Talking About HIV 6:00 AM
- Current Issue Meet the New Voice for Dallas 4:00 AM
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process May 23 2013 7:32 PM