Belinda Carlisle Gets Real
BY Jeremy Kinser
June 04 2010 1:40 AM ET
There have been films made recently about other ’70s punks such as Darby Crash and Joan Jett and Cherie Currie. If Lips Unsealed gets the movie treatment, who would you like to see play you?
The first person who comes to mind is Scarlett Johansson. She has an edge and a voluptuous look. That’s who I see. I don’t know when the film would start, so she might be a bit old for it now, but she’s the one I would pick.
There’s an all-male band in L.A. called the Gay-Gay’s, who perform cover versions of your songs. Have you heard about them?
Oh, yeah, I know who they are. I haven’t seen them, but I’ve heard of them. I think it’s hysterical. I love it.
With your final tour with the Go-Go’s coming up and having already published your memoir, what’s next?
I’m going to India for five days. I love to disappear to India. I’m working on my website, Carlisle-Mason.com, so it’s a good way for me to justify the time I spend there. I want to sell beautiful bags, coats, fragrances, home wares, and jewelry from India. Whatever it is I do, I have to be inspired. I don’t know what direction my life is going to take, but if I ever do something musically again, it’ll be inspired.
- Report: Couple Refuses Deal in Torture Case
- 20 Touching, Funny, and Silly Twitter Reactions to Tim Cook's Coming-Out
- WATCH: Bianca Del Rio and Adore Delano Star in Starbucks' First LGBT Commercial
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Tim Cook: Being Gay Has Helped Me Lead Apple
- Couple Plead Guilty to Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay