Kelly Clarkson "Stronger" for Ron Paul?
BY Trudy Ring
December 29 2011 3:45 PM ET
The National Organization for Marriage may not like presidential hopeful Ron Paul, but pop singer Kelly Clarkson does — although she’s backtracked a bit after hearing about some of the controversies surrounding him.
Clarkson tweeted Wednesday, “I love Ron Paul. I liked him a lot during the last Republican nomination, and no one gave him a chance. If he wins the nomination for the Republican Party in 2012, he’s got my vote. Too bad he probably won’t.”
Clarkson’s followers, however, quickly pointed out antigay and racist passages in newsletters that have gone out under Paul’s name over the years (he has disavowed them), ABC News reports. She said she had never heard that Paul was accused of racism, and she added that she voted Democratic, presumably for President Obama, in 2008, but she considers herself a Republican.
“I am really sorry if I have offended anyone,” she said. “Obviously, that was not my intent. I do not support racism. I support gay rights, straight rights, women’s rights, men’s rights, white/black/purple/orange rights. I like Ron Paul because he believes in less government and letting the people (all of us) make the decisions and mold our country. That is all. Out of all of the Republican nominees, he’s my favorite.”
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen March 11 2014 8:40 PM
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival March 11 2014 7:17 PM
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference March 11 2014 7:02 PM
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families March 11 2014 6:45 PM
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia March 11 2014 6:27 PM
- Religion Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis March 11 2014 6:25 PM
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 March 11 2014 5:55 PM