Kelly Clarkson "Stronger" for Ron Paul?
BY Trudy Ring
December 29 2011 2:45 PM ET
The National Organization for Marriage may not like presidential hopeful Ron Paul, but pop singer Kelly Clarkson does — although she’s backtracked a bit after hearing about some of the controversies surrounding him.
Clarkson tweeted Wednesday, “I love Ron Paul. I liked him a lot during the last Republican nomination, and no one gave him a chance. If he wins the nomination for the Republican Party in 2012, he’s got my vote. Too bad he probably won’t.”
Clarkson’s followers, however, quickly pointed out antigay and racist passages in newsletters that have gone out under Paul’s name over the years (he has disavowed them), ABC News reports. She said she had never heard that Paul was accused of racism, and she added that she voted Democratic, presumably for President Obama, in 2008, but she considers herself a Republican.
“I am really sorry if I have offended anyone,” she said. “Obviously, that was not my intent. I do not support racism. I support gay rights, straight rights, women’s rights, men’s rights, white/black/purple/orange rights. I like Ron Paul because he believes in less government and letting the people (all of us) make the decisions and mold our country. That is all. Out of all of the Republican nominees, he’s my favorite.”
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics
- WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Comedy Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School 26 min 48 sec ago
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: These Couples Prove Love Is Love 1 hour 26 min ago
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics December 08 2013 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License December 08 2013 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 December 08 2013 2:15 PM
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' December 08 2013 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member December 08 2013 7:00 AM