VIDEO PREMIERE: Beth Ditto and Gossip "Move In The Right Direction"
BY Jeremy Kinser
May 22 2012 11:50 AM ET
Beth Ditto says she listened to nothing but ABBA for a year while making A Joyful Noise, the new album from her band Gossip.
The Swedish quartet's influence is evident throughout the album (available today) and especially in the new single "Move In The Right Direction." Ditto describes the inspiration she drew from the iconic '70s band to The Guardian, saying, "There is zero rawness. That's so incredible to me. I think I'm really infatuated with that right now because that's not the music I usually listen to. It never caught my attention before." The out musician previously announced she plans to marry her longtime girlfriend Kristen Ogata next month.
Watch the "Move In The Right Direction" video below.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'
- Federal Judge Upholds Puerto Rico Marriage Ban
- Myth or Truth: Can We Give Up Condoms?
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends