WATCH: Lady Gaga Suffers Concussion, Continues Concert
BY Jeremy Kinser
June 11 2012 3:06 PM ET
It's hardly surprising that Lady Gaga adheres to the age-old "the show must go on" adage, but after suffering a concussion during a mishap with a pole during a concert the entertainer returned to the stage to perform another 16 songs.
While she was performing the song "Judas" during her Born This Way Ball Sunday in Auckland, New Zealand, a heavy pole being moved by a dancer struck Gaga on the head. After a short break Gaga returned to the stage to finish the concert.
“I want to apologize,” she told the crowd. “I did hit my head and I think I may have a concussion, but don’t you worry, I will finish the show.”
While it's unclear whether Gaga was treated by a physician, her makeup artist Tara Savelo let fans know the pop icon is on the mend. “Gaga has a concussion but she is going to be okay. She wants u to know she loves u. I’m taking care of her cant believe she finished the show,” Savelo wrote.
Watch video of the accident below.
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- Texas Pastor Who Threatened to Set Himself Aflame Now 'Loves' Gays
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)