Cher Loves Osteen But Her Gay Fans More
BY Neal Broverman
July 03 2012 11:29 AM ET
After praising antigay preacher Joel Osteen, Cher defended herself and her gay fans.
"I love Joel Osteen, hes example of Christian!," Cher tweeted yesterday. "He makes Every1 feel welcome 2 his church no matter who they R!1st book like this I ever bought." In a seperate tweet, she writes, "I know this Sounds CRAZY Coming From ME,But he'Cool,UpBeat,wants u 2 have Fun,He'sFunny & Not Preachy! don't care if ppl think I'm UnCool!"
Cher was reminded of Osteen's antigay ways — he calls homosexuality a sin and is quoted as saying, ''I don't believe homosexuality is God's best for a person's life" — by a Twitter follower of hers. The superstar defended her love for her LGBT fans, devoting more Tweets to her pro-gay stances than her original pro-Osteen announcements, Instinct reports. Read the exchanges here.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Reality Special My Husband’s Not Gay: Deep in Denial?
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Op-ed: Trans Glamour Versus Trans Activism
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- How Major Crimes' Actor and Gay Showrunner Created One of Best Gay Characters on TV