Cher Loves Osteen But Her Gay Fans More
BY Neal Broverman
July 03 2012 11:29 AM ET
After praising antigay preacher Joel Osteen, Cher defended herself and her gay fans.
"I love Joel Osteen, hes example of Christian!," Cher tweeted yesterday. "He makes Every1 feel welcome 2 his church no matter who they R!1st book like this I ever bought." In a seperate tweet, she writes, "I know this Sounds CRAZY Coming From ME,But he'Cool,UpBeat,wants u 2 have Fun,He'sFunny & Not Preachy! don't care if ppl think I'm UnCool!"
Cher was reminded of Osteen's antigay ways — he calls homosexuality a sin and is quoted as saying, ''I don't believe homosexuality is God's best for a person's life" — by a Twitter follower of hers. The superstar defended her love for her LGBT fans, devoting more Tweets to her pro-gay stances than her original pro-Osteen announcements, Instinct reports. Read the exchanges here.
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Hot Sheet: Hark the Herald Angel Swings
- In the Galleries: Transformer
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under 2 hours 42 min ago
- Religion WATCH: Rick Warren's 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality 2 hours 44 min ago
- Entertainment News Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Score 7 Grammy Nominations 1:32 PM
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year 8:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination 7:00 AM
- Art In the Galleries: Transformer 4:00 AM
- Politics WATCH: Elton John Slams Russia's Anti-LGBT Laws Onstage December 06 2013 8:40 PM