Stevie Wonder: Is Frank Ocean Gay or Simply Confused?
BY Michelle Garcia
August 31 2012 2:09 PM ET
Music legend Stevie Wonder says that Frank Ocean may not be gay but instead could be simply confused over his sexual orientation.
Ocean publicly wrote about the first time he fell in love with a man in conjunction with the release of his much-praised solo album, Channel Orange, earlier this summer. However, Ocean has not spoken very much about his revelation since July.
Wonder said that he doesn't believe that all gay people are confused over their sexual orientation, but that Ocean may be.
"I think honestly, some people who think they're gay, they're confused," Wonder said in an interview with The Guardian. "People can misconstrue closeness for love. People can feel connected, they bond ... Some people have a desire to be with the same sex. But that's them."
Wonder said he likes Ocean, whose album debuted at number 2 on the Billboard charts, selling 131,000 copies in its first week, according to MTV.
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Mississippi Marriage Ban Struck Down
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role