Here Come Honey Boo Boo and RuPaul?
BY Jeremy Kinser
September 13 2012 4:41 PM ET
Alana Thompson, the polarizing perennial pageant contestant and reality star better known as Honey Boo Boo Child, has at least one sure-fire fan in drag superstar RuPaul, who has announced his hope to make a recording with her.
"I'm doing a duet record and I'm here to ask Honey Boo Boo Child to be my duet partner!" RuPaul said to E! News earlier this week. ""She is real. She is lovely. She's funny. She doesn't take herself seriously. The whole family doesn't take themselves seriously. It's really just good fun. I love anybody who dances to the beat of a different drummer."
RuPaul also says he thinks the 7-year-old star of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo understands the concept of drag. "She is the queen," Ru says. "She understands what drag is. That's what pageants are. That's why pageants are so lovely."
That probably doesn't come as a surprise to fans of the controversial TLC series. In a recent episode Thompson debated whether her pet pig Glitzy, given to her as a consolation prize for losing a pageant, is gay. She has since parted with the animal due to its incessant squealing and, well, general untidiness.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Arts & Entertainment Week in Beef: Ben Cohen, Frank Ocean, Hugh Jackman, and More Shirtless Celebs 6:02 PM
- Sports Griner: Baylor Coach Enforced Closet Policy 5:59 PM
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech 2:03 PM
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson 1:01 PM
- Television WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression 12:39 PM
- Television WATCH: Did Stefon Marry Seth Meyers or Anderson Cooper? 12:32 PM
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM