Here Come Honey Boo Boo and RuPaul?
BY Jeremy Kinser
September 13 2012 4:41 PM ET
Alana Thompson, the polarizing perennial pageant contestant and reality star better known as Honey Boo Boo Child, has at least one sure-fire fan in drag superstar RuPaul, who has announced his hope to make a recording with her.
"I'm doing a duet record and I'm here to ask Honey Boo Boo Child to be my duet partner!" RuPaul said to E! News earlier this week. ""She is real. She is lovely. She's funny. She doesn't take herself seriously. The whole family doesn't take themselves seriously. It's really just good fun. I love anybody who dances to the beat of a different drummer."
RuPaul also says he thinks the 7-year-old star of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo understands the concept of drag. "She is the queen," Ru says. "She understands what drag is. That's what pageants are. That's why pageants are so lovely."
That probably doesn't come as a surprise to fans of the controversial TLC series. In a recent episode Thompson debated whether her pet pig Glitzy, given to her as a consolation prize for losing a pageant, is gay. She has since parted with the animal due to its incessant squealing and, well, general untidiness.
- WATCH: Gay Couple Assaulted at Dallas BBQ in Chelsea
- 14 Men Who Were Once With Women
- WATCH: Janet Mock Gives Oprah 'Ah-Ha' Moments About Gender
- Drag Race's Trixie Mattel: 'I Actually Thought I Would Win'
- WATCH: Nebraska Woman Is Suing All 'Homosexuals' on Behalf of God
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Mic-Drop on Antigay GOP's 'Slim Chances' at White House