The Irrepressibles Lead Singer Talks About Being Gay and the Men He's Loved
BY Christopher Rudolph
February 18 2013 3:59 PM ET
Jamie McDermott, lead vocalist for the chamber ensemble The Irrepressibles never felt the need to hide who he was. Though the music industry may not always be the most accepting towards gay people, he felt it was such a strong part of him it couldn't, and shouldn't be repressed. After releasing the video for their latest single, Two Men in Love, which shows two men falling in love, and all of the affection that comes along with that, Jamie sat down to discuss his band's latest album, Nude and, amongst other things, being gay in the world of music.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Op-ed: How The Way He Looks Will Open Your Eyes
- Wyoming Won't Appeal Marriage Equality