For First Time, Music Icon Clive Davis Talks Publicly About Being Bisexual
BY Lucas Grindley
February 19 2013 1:40 AM ET
Music great Clive Davis, who discovered some of the biggest names in the business, talks for the first time about being bisexual in his new memoir.
In the book, The Soundtrack of My Life, Davis reveals that he's been in a relationship with a man for the last seven years, according to Entertainment Weekly. “Do I feel I could have been similarly attracted to a woman?” Davis writes. “The answer is yes.”
According to USA Today, Davis writes that his sexual orientation is "something that my children and close friends have always known."
"Bisexuality is misunderstood; the adage is that you're either straight or gay or lying, but that's not my experience," he writes, according to USA Today. "To call me anything other than bisexual would be inaccurate."
Davis, who is now 80, recalls his first experience with a man who he met at New York's famous club, Studio 54, some 30 years ago. “Was I nervous?” writes Davis, according to Entertainment Weekly. “Absolutely. Did the heavens open up? No. But it was satisfying.”
Davis is famous for finding big talent, most notably his discovery of Whitney Houston while she was still a teenager. He founded Arista and J Records and he's now chief creative officer for Sony Music.
Davis will appear today in an interview with Katie Couric and discusses his bisexuality. Watch two clips from that conversation below.
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- Op-ed: Don't Worry, Tom Daley's Getting Biphobic Tweets, Too
- Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- New Celeb Couple: Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley
- Entertainment News James Franco Teases 50 Shades of Batman & Robin 9 min 11 sec ago
- Entertainment News Tom Daley: 'It Really Was Love at First Sight' 15 min 11 sec ago
- Sports WATCH: The Best From 6 Olympic Gay Divers 7:04 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black 6:00 AM
- Bisexual Op-ed: Don't Worry, Tom Daley's Getting Biphobic Tweets, Too 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Lesbian-Themed Web Series 'Kelsey' - Kelsey Gets All Kinds of Action December 04 2013 8:27 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: Best Cruise Line? December 04 2013 7:42 PM