For First Time, Music Icon Clive Davis Talks Publicly About Being Bisexual
BY Lucas Grindley
February 19 2013 2:40 AM ET
Music great Clive Davis, who discovered some of the biggest names in the business, talks for the first time about being bisexual in his new memoir.
In the book, The Soundtrack of My Life, Davis reveals that he's been in a relationship with a man for the last seven years, according to Entertainment Weekly. “Do I feel I could have been similarly attracted to a woman?” Davis writes. “The answer is yes.”
According to USA Today, Davis writes that his sexual orientation is "something that my children and close friends have always known."
"Bisexuality is misunderstood; the adage is that you're either straight or gay or lying, but that's not my experience," he writes, according to USA Today. "To call me anything other than bisexual would be inaccurate."
Davis, who is now 80, recalls his first experience with a man who he met at New York's famous club, Studio 54, some 30 years ago. “Was I nervous?” writes Davis, according to Entertainment Weekly. “Absolutely. Did the heavens open up? No. But it was satisfying.”
Davis is famous for finding big talent, most notably his discovery of Whitney Houston while she was still a teenager. He founded Arista and J Records and he's now chief creative officer for Sony Music.
Davis will appear today in an interview with Katie Couric and discusses his bisexuality. Watch two clips from that conversation below.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Pet Shop Boys Remix Irish Drag Queen's Powerful Speech Against Homophobia
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- Op-ed: Pope Francis: One Year In, Door Slightly Ajar for LGBT People
- Business P.R. Agency Adds LGBT Practice 19 min 11 sec ago
- Travel A Tour Through the San Francisco of Looking, Season One 21 min 46 sec ago
- Women Houston Lesbian Couple Found Murdered, Cops Searching for Suspect 24 min 59 sec ago
- Women WATCH: 10 Worst Ways to Pick Up a Lesbian 27 min 22 sec ago
- Parenting Ubbas: The Golden Shower Toy 1 hour 23 min ago
- Russia WATCH: Moscow LGBT Demonstrators Attacked 1 hour 25 min ago
- Women WATCH: Lost Girl's Zoie Palmer Thanks Female Partner at Canadian Film Awards 1 hour 38 min ago