The Saturdays Invade U.S. With Music, Message
BY Denise Warner
March 11 2013 6:00 AM ET
Were you at all familiar with the E! network before getting offered your show?
Una Healy: Oh gosh, of course. We're such massive fans of the Kardashians and love E!'s red carpet coverage. It was always our first choice of TV networks for the reality show idea we had, so we couldn't have been happier that they wanted to work with us.
What were some of the concerns you had before signing on for a reality series?
Frankie Sandford: We've actually done two other series back home in the UK, so we were quite used to having cameras around all the time. The scariest thing about this show was moving to America for three months and being away from our family and friends. We were scared of being homesick, but the trip was amazing and so exciting. We loved being out in L.A.
Would anyone consider being in the States full time?
Rochelle Wiseman: We all have massive roots in the UK, so it's definitely “home” to us. But we really did love L.A. We could definitely see ourselves spending more time out there. The weather certainly beats London, at the very least.
What are the biggest differences you're finding between being in the UK and being in the States?
Mollie King: We find Americans so much warmer than Brits. You walk into an elevator in the States and everyone says "hello!" and "have a nice day." In the UK, people stare at the ground and ignore each other. It's really refreshing.
When you have to make such a big commitment, like for a big tour, or TV contract, what's the process for making those major decisions, since everyone has such different non-professional lives? It can't be just an "All in favour of..? Majority wins!" conversation? Seems like there is so much to consider.
Vanessa White: Of course it's tricky balancing the lives of five separate people, but at the same time, we're all really eager to build our fan base in the UK, in the States and all around the world. So it takes sacrifices on a daily basis, and we're ready for it.
Chasing The Saturdays airs every Monday night at 8:30/7:30c on E! Follow The Saturdays on Twitter, @TheSaturdaysTV. Check out their single “What About Us” on iTunes.
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM