The Saturdays Invade U.S. With Music, Message
BY Denise Warner
March 11 2013 6:00 AM ET
Were you at all familiar with the E! network before getting offered your show?
Una Healy: Oh gosh, of course. We're such massive fans of the Kardashians and love E!'s red carpet coverage. It was always our first choice of TV networks for the reality show idea we had, so we couldn't have been happier that they wanted to work with us.
What were some of the concerns you had before signing on for a reality series?
Frankie Sandford: We've actually done two other series back home in the UK, so we were quite used to having cameras around all the time. The scariest thing about this show was moving to America for three months and being away from our family and friends. We were scared of being homesick, but the trip was amazing and so exciting. We loved being out in L.A.
Would anyone consider being in the States full time?
Rochelle Wiseman: We all have massive roots in the UK, so it's definitely “home” to us. But we really did love L.A. We could definitely see ourselves spending more time out there. The weather certainly beats London, at the very least.
What are the biggest differences you're finding between being in the UK and being in the States?
Mollie King: We find Americans so much warmer than Brits. You walk into an elevator in the States and everyone says "hello!" and "have a nice day." In the UK, people stare at the ground and ignore each other. It's really refreshing.
When you have to make such a big commitment, like for a big tour, or TV contract, what's the process for making those major decisions, since everyone has such different non-professional lives? It can't be just an "All in favour of..? Majority wins!" conversation? Seems like there is so much to consider.
Vanessa White: Of course it's tricky balancing the lives of five separate people, but at the same time, we're all really eager to build our fan base in the UK, in the States and all around the world. So it takes sacrifices on a daily basis, and we're ready for it.
Chasing The Saturdays airs every Monday night at 8:30/7:30c on E! Follow The Saturdays on Twitter, @TheSaturdaysTV. Check out their single “What About Us” on iTunes.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- Rising Above the Down Low
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo 1 hour 57 min ago
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper 2 hours 57 min ago
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 8:15 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship 7:03 PM
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy 7:01 PM
- Internet WATCH: The First AIDS Generation in Giant Town Hall 6:16 PM
- Politics Joe Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Marriage Equality 6:09 PM