New Music Single Smackdown: Mariah vs. Azealia Banks
BY Jase Peeples
March 12 2013 4:52 PM ET
Mariah Carey and Azealia Banks are no strangers to controversy. Mimi’s fiery feuds with Eminem and, most recently, Nicki Minaj have become legendary, while Banks has ruffled plenty of feathers with her unapologetic use of racial and antigay slurs.
However, this week both the seasoned diva and the f-bomb dropping newbie have unleashed a fresh serving of ear candy for consumption.
While Mariah’s wind machine-filled music video for “Almost Home,” the theme song for Disney’s Oz the Great and Powerful, may claim the crown for gayest Mimi video ever, Banks has taken a break from calling people names to promote her lead single “Young Rapunxel” from her upcoming debut album, Broke With Expensive Taste.
The tracks are as different as the ladies vocabulary on Twitter, but which siren’s sound is sweeter?
Find out below.
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- Westboro Baptist Joins the Anti-Kim Davis Bandwagon But the Reason May Surprise You
- Meet the Trans Man and Pansexual Woman Married by Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis
- Donald Trump Takes a Day to Get Up to Speed on Kim Davis
- WATCH: Steve Grand Is Going to Be This Marine's Date to Marine Ball
- Op-ed: It Doesn't Matter How Many Times Kim Davis Was Wed