New Music Single Smackdown: Mariah vs. Azealia Banks
BY Jase Peeples
March 12 2013 3:52 PM ET
Mariah Carey and Azealia Banks are no strangers to controversy. Mimi’s fiery feuds with Eminem and, most recently, Nicki Minaj have become legendary, while Banks has ruffled plenty of feathers with her unapologetic use of racial and antigay slurs.
However, this week both the seasoned diva and the f-bomb dropping newbie have unleashed a fresh serving of ear candy for consumption.
While Mariah’s wind machine-filled music video for “Almost Home,” the theme song for Disney’s Oz the Great and Powerful, may claim the crown for gayest Mimi video ever, Banks has taken a break from calling people names to promote her lead single “Young Rapunxel” from her upcoming debut album, Broke With Expensive Taste.
The tracks are as different as the ladies vocabulary on Twitter, but which siren’s sound is sweeter?
Find out below.
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School
- WATCH: Pastor Gets a Taste of His 'Sodomite Semen' Lattes By Sharing Parody Video
- Hollywood Chick-fil-A Hosts LGBT Fundraiser
- These 48 Trans Women and Men Changed the World
- Texas Marriage Plaintiffs: Lift Ban Immediately
- WATCH: NOM's Finances Are Even Worse Than We Thought