New Music Single Smackdown: Mariah vs. Azealia Banks
BY Jase Peeples
March 12 2013 4:52 PM ET
Mariah Carey and Azealia Banks are no strangers to controversy. Mimi’s fiery feuds with Eminem and, most recently, Nicki Minaj have become legendary, while Banks has ruffled plenty of feathers with her unapologetic use of racial and antigay slurs.
However, this week both the seasoned diva and the f-bomb dropping newbie have unleashed a fresh serving of ear candy for consumption.
While Mariah’s wind machine-filled music video for “Almost Home,” the theme song for Disney’s Oz the Great and Powerful, may claim the crown for gayest Mimi video ever, Banks has taken a break from calling people names to promote her lead single “Young Rapunxel” from her upcoming debut album, Broke With Expensive Taste.
The tracks are as different as the ladies vocabulary on Twitter, but which siren’s sound is sweeter?
Find out below.
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- Hot Sheet: It's Ryan Time Again
- Artist Spotlight: Paul Reitz
- WATCH: Single Mothers Make Boys Gay, Says Pat Robertson
- Laverne Cox Distances Herself From Controversial Trans Inmate
- The Hidden Message in Supreme Court's Recent Marriage Rulings