New Music Single Smackdown: Mariah vs. Azealia Banks
BY Jase Peeples
March 12 2013 4:52 PM ET
Mariah Carey and Azealia Banks are no strangers to controversy. Mimi’s fiery feuds with Eminem and, most recently, Nicki Minaj have become legendary, while Banks has ruffled plenty of feathers with her unapologetic use of racial and antigay slurs.
However, this week both the seasoned diva and the f-bomb dropping newbie have unleashed a fresh serving of ear candy for consumption.
While Mariah’s wind machine-filled music video for “Almost Home,” the theme song for Disney’s Oz the Great and Powerful, may claim the crown for gayest Mimi video ever, Banks has taken a break from calling people names to promote her lead single “Young Rapunxel” from her upcoming debut album, Broke With Expensive Taste.
The tracks are as different as the ladies vocabulary on Twitter, but which siren’s sound is sweeter?
Find out below.
- LGBT Exclusion Costs St. Paddy's Parades
- Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia
- Fred Phelps Ex-Communicated and Near Death?
- WATCH: First Gay Hug Parodies First Kiss Viral Video
- A Brief History of Gays And The St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Op-ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth
- Commentary Op-ed: The Policies Keeping Trans People From Military Service 1 hour 31 min ago
- Politics A Brief History of Gays And The St. Patrick's Day Parade 3:00 AM
- Love and Sex WATCH: First Gay Hug Parodies First Kiss Viral Video 2:19 AM
- Religion LGBT Exclusion Costs St. Paddy's Parades 2:10 AM
- Military Boston Mayor Snubs Homophobic St. Patrick's Day Parade March 16 2014 5:34 PM
- Religion Fred Phelps Ex-Communicated and Near Death? March 16 2014 1:41 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Madonna... in Game of Thrones? March 16 2014 1:12 PM