New Music Single Smackdown: Mariah vs. Azealia Banks
BY Jase Peeples
March 12 2013 4:52 PM ET
Mariah Carey and Azealia Banks are no strangers to controversy. Mimi’s fiery feuds with Eminem and, most recently, Nicki Minaj have become legendary, while Banks has ruffled plenty of feathers with her unapologetic use of racial and antigay slurs.
However, this week both the seasoned diva and the f-bomb dropping newbie have unleashed a fresh serving of ear candy for consumption.
While Mariah’s wind machine-filled music video for “Almost Home,” the theme song for Disney’s Oz the Great and Powerful, may claim the crown for gayest Mimi video ever, Banks has taken a break from calling people names to promote her lead single “Young Rapunxel” from her upcoming debut album, Broke With Expensive Taste.
The tracks are as different as the ladies vocabulary on Twitter, but which siren’s sound is sweeter?
Find out below.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Youth WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student 18 min 54 sec ago
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship 28 min 39 sec ago
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked 44 min 51 sec ago
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition 1 hour 17 min ago
- Women Op-Ed: Remembering Sakia Gunn: the News Coverage and Homophobic Murder 1 hour 49 min ago
- Politics Puerto Rico House Approves Antidiscrimination Bill 1 hour 58 min ago
- Entertainment News Week in Geek: Star Trek Actor Gets Wet and Naked, Justice League, and More 2 hours 45 min ago