Britney Spears Reveals Title of Upcoming Album
BY Jase Peeples
October 15 2013 6:20 PM ET
The title of the highly-anticipated album from Britney Spears was revealed by the pop performer herself in an interview with London’s 95-106 Capital FM yesterday.
Britney Jean will be the title of Spears’s latest collection and marks the second time one of the singer’s albums has boasted her name in the title, the first being her third studio album, Britney, released in 2001.
Jean is Spears’s middle name, and she says the album title is reflective personal direction in which she has taken her music for this collection of songs. "It's a personal album, and all my family, they all call me Britney Jean, it's like a term of endearment, and I just wanted to share that with my fans," Spears told Capital FM.
Though few other details have been released at this time, Will.i.am, who is serving as the album’s executive producer, says the diva’s last single, “Work Bitch,” isn’t representative of Britney Jean in its entirety.
"That song is a reflection of Britney more so than the album," Will said in an interview with Billboard. "The album is what the album is, but we felt that song needed to come out to keep the foundation on what Britney represents. But it shouldn't reflect the album — an album is a body of work as a collective. If we had to pick a song like, 'Oh, what song fits every color of the record,' you shouldn't do that. ... We felt that song represents 'Piece of Me,' that Britney oomph."
Britney Jean is scheduled to be released December 3.
- Business Lockheed Martin Cuts Off Money to Antigay Boy Scouts 44 min 23 sec ago
- Transgender LGBT Activist Goes Missing, Community Rallies 1 hour 46 min ago
- Transgender New Jersey Senate Passes Transgender Birth Certificate Bill 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Best of Art, 2013 5:00 AM
- World News Ugandan LGBT Activists: 'We Have to Stay and Fight' December 20 2013 8:57 PM
- Marriage Equality Photo from Utah: First Gay Couple Married December 20 2013 7:40 PM
- Women LISTEN: Out Folk Duo Hannah & Maggie's Lesbian Love Letter to Mrs. Claus December 20 2013 6:46 PM