ARCHIVE: Sting on Kissing Guys
BY Tiara Chiaramonte
November 12 2013 5:25 AM ET
The Advocate: Have you heard the joke "Is he gay or just British?"
Sting: I don't think of that as a joke. Did we invent camp, or did we not? I think the British gay movement was probably a pioneer. Noël Coward thought of himself as one of the stately homes of England — even though it was against the law until quite recently. Homosexuals have a place in society. I think the British have a great affection for them.
- WATCH: Picking Up Random Strangers Of The Same Sex
- Illinois GOP Tosses Antigay Committee Members
- Op-ed: In Defense of Aging
- Woman, Boyfriend Sentenced For Beating Suspected Gay Son To Death
- S.C. Town Fights Firing of Lesbian Police Chief
- WATCH: UMass Rally Shouts Down Westboro’s Attempted Picket of Derrick Gordon