ARCHIVE: Sting on Kissing Guys
BY Tiara Chiaramonte
November 12 2013 5:25 AM ET
The Advocate: Have you heard the joke "Is he gay or just British?"
Sting: I don't think of that as a joke. Did we invent camp, or did we not? I think the British gay movement was probably a pioneer. Noël Coward thought of himself as one of the stately homes of England — even though it was against the law until quite recently. Homosexuals have a place in society. I think the British have a great affection for them.
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Folk Singer Janis Ian: Bill Cosby Blackballed Me From TV as a Teen
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Katelynn on Caitlyn: I Am Cait Through the Eyes of TV's First Trans Reality Star
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers