ARCHIVE: Sting on Kissing Guys
BY Tiara Chiaramonte
November 12 2013 4:25 AM ET
The Advocate: Have you heard the joke "Is he gay or just British?"
Sting: I don't think of that as a joke. Did we invent camp, or did we not? I think the British gay movement was probably a pioneer. Noël Coward thought of himself as one of the stately homes of England — even though it was against the law until quite recently. Homosexuals have a place in society. I think the British have a great affection for them.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: NOM's Finances Are Even Worse Than We Thought
- These 48 Trans Women and Men Changed the World
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School
- Robbie Rogers's Memoir Kicks Around Depression, Redemption, And Coming Out
- Op-ed: Why I Quit My Job at the United Nations