ARCHIVE: Sting on Kissing Guys
BY Tiara Chiaramonte
November 12 2013 5:25 AM ET
The Advocate: Have you heard the joke "Is he gay or just British?"
Sting: I don't think of that as a joke. Did we invent camp, or did we not? I think the British gay movement was probably a pioneer. Noël Coward thought of himself as one of the stately homes of England — even though it was against the law until quite recently. Homosexuals have a place in society. I think the British have a great affection for them.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- #TBT: Halloween Exhibitionism
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages
- WATCH: In Pat Robertson's Latest Diatribe, Gays Are 'Terrorists'
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men