BY Christopher Mangum
December 23 2009 1:00 AM ET
A number of notable LGBT individuals and allies passed away in 2009. This year we mourned the loss of beloved politicians, performers, writers, and activists who contributed to our community through work and charity. While no list can include all of the influential people, we offer the following as a tribute to some of those who will be missed in 2010.
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Op-ed: Why I Unfriended My Mother
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- UFC Women's Champ: 'I Wouldn't Refuse' to Fight a Trans Athlete