BY Christopher Mangum
December 23 2009 1:00 AM ET
A number of notable LGBT individuals and allies passed away in 2009. This year we mourned the loss of beloved politicians, performers, writers, and activists who contributed to our community through work and charity. While no list can include all of the influential people, we offer the following as a tribute to some of those who will be missed in 2010.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Ex-BYU Student Assaulted, Evicted After Coming Out