Kingsley Russell's Twist of Hate
BY Brandon Voss
April 22 2010 5:35 PM ET
Have you gotten any dates out of your videos?
friend requests on Facebook from people who want to hang out, but it’s
weird to me — like the people from high school I haven’t talked to in a
year who are now like, “I miss you!”
Do you want a
I have no idea. I like talking to people, but I’m
not a big commitment person.
If I only knew you from your
videos, I’d probably be too intimidated to approach you. Your videos
make you seem a little high-maintenance.
I’m not at all! I mean,
right now I’m just sitting around in a T-shirt and shorts, checking
Twitter, talking to you. I don’t want people to think I’m being fake in
my videos, but I am trying to entertain people. I really don’t walk
around being dramatic and yelling at people.
As someone who
was still in high school a year ago, what do you make of these gay kids
in the news lately who aren't allowed to take their boyfriends or
girlfriends to prom?
Same-sex couples were allowed to go to prom
at my school. Everyone should be able to go with whoever they want to go
with, and I don’t understand why someone wouldn’t be allowed to go with
someone else they love or care about. I don’t understand the
limitations put on homosexual or bisexual people, but luckily I’ve never
experienced something like that. My school even had an LGBT club with
special events for those students, and aside from a couple ignorant
people, my school was accepting of diversity.
Did you go to
I did, but I went with my friend Grace. It was cool — the
dancing, the loudness, crowning of the king and queen — so I enjoyed
OK, so what’s your beef with Ke$ha?
don’t like her. I’m a Britney fanatic, so when she said those negative
things about Britney recently, the whole Spears community got upset, and
I wasn’t happy at all. I got “It’s Kingsley Bitch” from Britney,
Would Britney be your dream celebrity to meet?
want to meet Britney, but I think I’d have a heart attack, fall over,
and die. There’s just something about her. I went to her Circus tour,
and there was one point when she was performing “Radar” where she came
over to our side of the stage, and my mouth just dropped. I want to
protect her, because I know she’s going through so much, so she needs
someone to let go and have fun with.
Who would be your dream
celebrity to date? Nick Jonas?
No, not yet. He’s only 17. [Laughs]
Do you know Evan Ross? He’s Diana Ross’s son. He’s also Hilary Duff’s
love interest in Greta, which is a wonderful movie. He’s
beautiful. If I dated him, my life would be complete.
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- Joe Rogan Has Gay Locker Room Stalker
- Hot Sheet: Hark the Herald Angel Swings
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM
- Religion WATCH: Rick Warren's 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality December 07 2013 3:32 PM
- Entertainment News Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Score 7 Grammy Nominations December 07 2013 1:32 PM
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year December 07 2013 8:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination December 07 2013 7:00 AM
- Art In the Galleries: Transformer December 07 2013 4:00 AM