Ricky Martin, Jane Lynch, Celebrities React to Obama's Support of Marriage Equality
BY Jeremy Kinser
May 09 2012 4:35 PM ET
Below are some of the more notable reactions to the Obama interview.
I applaud President @barackobama for affirming that ALL Americans should enjoy equal rights. Historic! I will be a very proud host on Monday
Pretty darn happy today. Thanks Mr President, for supporting the dignity of my family and so many others!
THANK YOU MR. PRESIDENT
I have2 gay siblings that have been in long term family relationships 4over 25 yrs each-Bat Mitzvah in June-marriage equality is pro family!
viva Obama who has just endorsed gay marriage. right on time drop a dime blow your mind.
How many young lives did the President just save by saying that he supports them today?
OMG, it's official! Obama becomes 1st president to support gay marriage!!! Historic day!
I am soooo PROUD of you PRESIDENT OBAMA YES YES YES it is about time. Marriage Equality is so very very important.
The President has just stated publicly that he believes "same sex marriage should be legal". I am proud. Thank you @BarackObama
Thank you Mr. President for your support of gay marriage...
thank you Mr. President for your support of gay marriage...
Well done, Mr. President. Well done indeed!
Such an exciting day!!! xoRZ RT @BarackObama"Same-sex couples should be able to get married."—President Obama
Actually, now that Obama has come out in support of gay marriage, I feel less pressure to find a woman to marry
Good for you Mr. Obama. Good for you.
Thank you to @BarackObamafor taking a forward-thinking stance on equality for all gay Americans and for supporting gay marriage.
Thank you President @BarackObamafor your beautiful and brave words. I'm overwhelmed.
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas?
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- WATCH: Glenn Beck Has Gay Friends, So He's Not Intolerant
- Lady Gaga Congratulates Tom Daley, Urges Boycott of Sochi Olympics
- WATCH: Pat Robertson Says Pray for Gays 'Recruited' By Child Abuse
- Religion WATCH: Pat Robertson Says Pray for Gays 'Recruited' By Child Abuse 1 hour 4 min ago
- Women WATCH: Idina Menzel's Female Empowerment Anthem from Frozen 1 hour 38 min ago
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: What's the Next Hot Destination? 2 hours 25 min ago
- Internet WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas? 2 hours 55 min ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Glenn Beck Has Gay Friends, So He's Not Intolerant 2:44 PM
- Women Op-ed: Remembering Mandela 2:04 PM
- Marriage Equality Illinois Family Institute Compares Marriage Equality to Junk Food 1:21 PM