Ricky Martin, Jane Lynch, Celebrities React to Obama's Support of Marriage Equality
BY Jeremy Kinser
May 09 2012 5:35 PM ET
Below are some of the more notable reactions to the Obama interview.
I applaud President @barackobama for affirming that ALL Americans should enjoy equal rights. Historic! I will be a very proud host on Monday
Pretty darn happy today. Thanks Mr President, for supporting the dignity of my family and so many others!
THANK YOU MR. PRESIDENT
I have2 gay siblings that have been in long term family relationships 4over 25 yrs each-Bat Mitzvah in June-marriage equality is pro family!
viva Obama who has just endorsed gay marriage. right on time drop a dime blow your mind.
How many young lives did the President just save by saying that he supports them today?
OMG, it's official! Obama becomes 1st president to support gay marriage!!! Historic day!
I am soooo PROUD of you PRESIDENT OBAMA YES YES YES it is about time. Marriage Equality is so very very important.
The President has just stated publicly that he believes "same sex marriage should be legal". I am proud. Thank you @BarackObama
Thank you Mr. President for your support of gay marriage...
thank you Mr. President for your support of gay marriage...
Well done, Mr. President. Well done indeed!
Such an exciting day!!! xoRZ RT @BarackObama"Same-sex couples should be able to get married."—President Obama
Actually, now that Obama has come out in support of gay marriage, I feel less pressure to find a woman to marry
Good for you Mr. Obama. Good for you.
Thank you to @BarackObamafor taking a forward-thinking stance on equality for all gay Americans and for supporting gay marriage.
Thank you President @BarackObamafor your beautiful and brave words. I'm overwhelmed.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- South Carolina Soccer Team Signs Gay Player Anton Hysén
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Pet Shop Boys Remix Irish Drag Queen's Powerful Speech Against Homophobia
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- Women Laurel Holloman Joins L Word Costars Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig at Dinah! 42 min 41 sec ago
- Politics Lesbian Couple Sues Neighbors for Bias 55 min 56 sec ago
- Sports South Carolina Soccer Team Signs Gay Player Anton Hysén 1 hour 8 min ago
- Uganda WATCH: Meet the American Evangelical Behind Uganda's Antigay Law 1 hour 11 min ago
- Women WATCH: 7 New Orphan Black Season 2 Teasers to Hold You Over! 1 hour 14 min ago
- Television Looking GIF-cap: Season 1 Finale 2 hours 44 min ago
- Books Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel 2 hours 47 min ago